Introduce and apply practical quality control and lean planning tools to ensure full system(s)/sub-systems integrity and efficient operations; quality management systems; and knowledge of quality cost, standards, and tools.
Knowledge of quality cost, standards, and tools.
Open to the general public.
1. Quality management systems and standards: ISO, VDA, ASME, Total Quality Management (TQM).
2. Statistical Process Control (SPC): control charts and process capacity analysis.
3. Design for quality: cost of quality, tolerance design, Taguchi.
4. Suppliers qualification and design reviews, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP).
5. Applications, System Dependability and Failure Modes Analysis (FMEA: DFMEA, PFMEA), Audits.
Presentation, in class case studies