This is a course in the language of the healthcare medical professions, its vocabulary, syntax, and culture. The learner will learn how to analyze medical terms based on their roots, prefixes, suffixes, and structures. Just as with other languages, an acquaintance with the cultural background of the language of Health and medicine will immensely aid your understanding of it. Other facets from the development and history of Health and medicine will be touched on as well.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
1. Analyze the component parts of a health/ medical term.
2. Define prefixes, suffixes, and root words in building health/ medical terms.
3. Identify and use health/ medical word components as proper medical terminology.
4. Define terms that apply to the structural.
This course aims to develop the language and interpersonal skills essential to establishing and maintaining rapport between healthcare workers and their patients, thus enabling Health and medical professionals to carry out their duties more effectively and with greater confidence.
Allied healthcare, food safety, municipality, and other related fields.
Method of Delivery: Teaching/Learning Approaches:
1. Interactive resource sessions
2. Written and Oral Assignments: Each student will identify and select a case related to health and disease terms and present it with a summary of medical terms used.